15 at-home beauty tips and tricks every woman should know
Those days are long gone when only women aspired for blemish-free, glowing and healthy skin.
So, with their not-so-ideal work-life balance and restricted time for self-love, how can women gear up their skincare regime to protect their skin against acne, dark circles and dullness? If you are among one of those women who are having trouble with your at-home beauty sessions, here are a few tips and tricks to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
1. Choose products according to your skin type: The first and foremost important law for a proper skincare regime is to choose products that best suit your skin type. After that, follow a simple day and night skincare routine religiously to ensure your skin is squeaky clean and well-nourished.
2. Avoid chemical-induced products, go organic: Always choose products made out of natural and organic ingredients like Neem, honey and Aloe Vera. Natural ingredients will be gentle on your skin. Avoid products that contain parabens and sulfates.
3. Go for the right face wash/cleanser: A wrong face wash/cleanser may end up leaving your skin feeling dry, tight and even itchy. Choose face wash/cleanser as per your skin type. For example, for oily and acne-prone skin, a cleanser with salicylic acid will do wonders.
4. A natural toner: Rosewater can be used as a toner before applying moisturizer as it helps absorb the moisturizer and makes your skin feel hydrated, supple and smooth.
5. Use the right technique: Apply a hydrating moisturizer on your face using small circular motions. Do not apply too much pressure, but use gentle hand movements to complete the process.
6. Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliate your skin once or maximum twice a week with a gentle scrub. This will help you get rid of the dead skin cells and unclog pores. After scrubbing your face, rinse it with cold water for best results.
7. Face massage and exercises: Spare a few minutes for yourself, give a nice face massage, and regularly perform a few facial exercises. It takes only a couple of minutes and will help you feel fresh and rosy.
8. Say goodbye to dark circles: The skin around the eyes is super delicate, and it requires extra care. To prevent dark circles and puffiness here, apply a good eye cream with light hands and massage for at least a minute.
9. Do not forget to remove make-up: Always remove your make-up and cleanse your face properly before going to bed. If you leave the make-up on, it will clog your pores and lead to skin irritation and dullness.
10. Vitamin C is a must: Invest in an excellent Vitamin C serum because your skin needs a good dose of vitamins too.
11. Deep cleansing at least once a month: Give yourself a treat and spend some time on proper self-care as and when possible. A good facial/deep cleansing practice can pamper your skin to the fullest.
12. Different seasons, different products: With changing seasons, your skin requires different skincare products, so switch accordingly. During winters, the skin usually requires hydrating products, whereas in summers, switch to non-sticky products.
13. Don’t forget your lips: Your lips need some attention as well otherwise, they will end up losing that luscious colour. Apply a moisturizing lip balm to hydrate. And if you have a habit of chewing your lips, stop immediately.
14. Don’t forget to take your beauty sleep: Taking an 8-hour sound sleep is extremely important to complete your healthy skincare routine. Having a peaceful sleep every night can prevent dark circles and puffiness.
15. Don’t touch your face with unclean hands: Avoid touching your face, eyes or nose with unclean hands as it might spread bacteria and cause breakouts. Always use a wipe or water to wash any dirt. Also, wash your hands properly before touching your face.
With inputs from Asawari Pawar, CMO at LetsShave.